Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Poop-tastic learning experience!!

Here at The Mustard Seed we believe in all types of community involvement. Last week we were asked to volunteer at this science walk for kids at The Cherokee School. After we were given the daunting task of teaching kids about their hearts I asked myself questions like "what if the kids don't like me?..what if I run out of things to talk about..what if I'm no longer the coolest kid in school?!" [that last one was a joke]. Mainly I pondered, "Why didn't we get assigned to the poop table?!"
Poop Table:(noun) 1. a wooden slab supported by four posts around which children gather to make edible poop 2. the fun table.
Lo Lesson #2:
Sometimes taking a step outside of your comfort zone can seem like a scary thing, other times it can seem like a stinky one. If given the opportunity to help your neighbor, take it! Children often learn the most while having fun and you'd be suprised how rewarding it can be to spend some quality time with the younger generations. Do you know a kid who could use a few laughs?

If so, here is the recipe for fun..and by fun I mean poop in a bowl:
www.osc.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=110&Itemid=135

Go with the flow make poop with your little friends today!

No comments:

Post a Comment