Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Truth

Ok, I just have to put this out there. I. Love. Working. Here.
Why you ask? Well, I got a few reasons.

1.  We change lives. Everyday.


2. We have calendars with sweet holidays on them. Like Bubble Bath Day - which is Saturday the 8th, by the way. And then there's National Peanut Brittle Day, International Sword Swallower's Day, and Hug an Australian Day.  

3. I really like all the people I work with.
I have never seen two people more dedicated to their work than Michelle and Jennifer, our Executive Director and Director of Operations, respectively. They are so loving and so passionate about the success of The Mustard Seed. They are always willing to go the extra mile, whether that means staying late, unloading a truck of mattresses, or cleaning the toilet. It is truly inspirational to know these ladies and to be around them throughout the week.

4. They got me my very own business cards! I feel like a real live grown-up!

5. I'm learning a lot. I have been in college for 2 1/2 years and , don't get me wrong, you learn some good stuff, but once you get into the real world and put it all into practice you really start learning. You find out what works and what doesn't. You have victories and struggles. And just like any experience in life, you learn a lot about you.

Oh, and P.S. - Don't forget to take a nice long bubble bath on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment