Friday, June 24, 2011

Change


Change…most people hate it but what if we have no choice but to encounter change? I recently have been going through many changes in my life these last two months that I did not expect to happen to me. We all have been through change, most change you know when they are going to happen like leaving for college, allowing us to adjust for them before the moment when your life completely changes.



We all wonder when change occurs whether it will be for the best. I have been wondering what my summer would have been like if my dramatic change did not happen, what would I be doing in this parallel universe? It is kind of like the Butterfly Effect, a theory created by Edward Lorenz. The theory is if we change a minor detail, what the consequences would be. Like if I did not get this internship this summer, I would probably be laying out by the pool all summer long working on getting that perfect summer tan. I think most of us hate change because the fear of the unknown and whether we will be able to climb that hill that lies ahead of us. And some days, it seems like we will never make it over that hill. I have had a lot of those days this summer, but when I reach that point and starting to turn around, I see a friend extend their hand to me and help me start back up the hill again. The Mustard Seed of Central Florida is that friend for so many families and individuals in the community. When that hill seems like it just grew another 100 feet, the Mustard Seed opens its doors and offers that friendly helping hand. Here at the Mustard Seed it is our mission to help families recover from tragedies and with our help they are given a boost up that hill so hopefully they will conquer any change in their life.



So like I said the major change in my life happened two months ago, and at the time I thought nothing good could come from it. Now that time has pasted, I have become a stronger and more independent person. I am almost over that hill, and I know there will still be days where I wonder what my life would have been like but that is expected and that is when I will find that helping hand reaching out to help me. I found this quote by Maria Robinson that will hopefully help anyone going through a change nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.We all grow and learn from change, so do not try resisting the change, just go with it and do not be afraid to ask for the helping hand if you need it.






No comments:

Post a Comment